Thursday, August 9, 2018

Blues Orphans

I recently profiled Pittsburgh's Blues Orphans for Honest Tune Magazine.  The Blues Orphans are a long running band, formed in 1974, whose eclectic style incorporates everything from rock, to blues, to punk, to polka, to whatever the always moving mind of lead singer Bob Gabing can come up with.



I was introduced to the band while doing research for my upcoming book on Leftover Salmon (due out in February 2019, subtle plug).  Vince Herman from Leftover Salmon grew up in Pittsburgh and became acquainted with Gabing when he started hanging out with his younger brother in high school.  Through this introduction from Herman and my research I discovered the Blues Orphans world, and their mix that sounds like a drunken parade down main street with all your best friends that is being led by the funniest guy around.

THE BLUES ORPHANS: ROCK, POLKA, PUNK, BLUEGRASS AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE



No comments:

Charlie Bevis' review of The Original Louisville Slugger

  Excited for the prerelease feedback I have been getting on my upcoming book "The Original Louisville Slugger: The Life and Times of F...